Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. Registration and Payment
Enrollment in classes is on a first come, first-served basis. In order to secure your dog’s place in class, registration and payment must be made prior to class start time. On-line registration and payment are available for all group classes. If you are unable to provide payment on line, please contact me at (408) 309-8451 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
A confirmation of enrollment email will be sent to you prior to the first night of class to confirm your registration and discuss what to bring to the first class you attend.
If the class you are registering for is full or if the minimum enrollment is not met, you will be notified and given the option to select another session, receive a credit toward a future class, or have your payment returned to you.
Your registration holds a space in class for you. Refunds are granted (less $15 bank service charge) for cancellation notice revceived no later than 7 days prior to class start date.
Credit nor refunds are not given for for missed classes. If your dog is unable to attend class within the first three class sessions due to illness or injury, you will receive a partial credit toward a future class or refund in the amount of 50% of the class fee (a letter from your vet is required). There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
4. Class Attendance
Prior to attending your first puppy, or basic manners class, you will be asked to attend a “humans” only orientation.
This class is important for you because I talk about how your dog learns, training methods, answer all your questions, etc. It gives me an opportunity to meet and talk with everyone without all the puppy energy distracting everyone. If you can’t make the orientation, please contact me at (408) 309-8451 or email@example.com as soon as possible so that I can make other arrangements for you.
Only healthy dogs should attend class. If your dog is ill, please contact us. You may attend that session without your dog. Female dogs in heat may not attend class. Refunds are not available for missed classes due to your dog being in heat.
5. Make-up Classes
Each class format builds on the next. Consistency is very important to the learning process. Missing a class makes that process harder.
Classes should be taken consecutively in order to get the most out of each training session. If you are unable to attend any of the classes due to emergencies, please contact me at (408) 309-8451 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that I can make other arrangements for you and provide you with homework.
6. Classroom Policies
Family participation is highly encouraged for class. This will help to keep everyone in the family “on the same training page” with your dog.
However, safety is a concern, please keep young children seated beside you while class is going on. It is very tempting for little ones to want to go pet other people’s dogs although, it can be a distraction for the dog’s handler. Also, please remind your children that not all dogs are comfortable or friendly with children so they should not approach another dog unless they ask the owner first if it’s ok to approach their dog.
7. Training methods
I use reward-based training methods in my classes. I make every effort to work with each client so that they understand the training and can use it in real life situations. What might work for one person might not work for someone else.
Along with this, I will encourage you to train your dog on a flat, buckle collar without using correction or pinch collars. There will be no flexi-leashes used in class.
Agreement of Release & Waiver of Liability
I (We) hereby agree to the following:
1. I understand that attendance of a Hands-On Dog Training class is not without risk to myself, members of my family or guests who may attend, or my dog, because some of the dogs which I (We) will be exposed may be difficult to control and may be the cause of injury even when handled with the utmost care.
2. I represent and warrant that my dog is physically fit and has no medical condition which would prevent his full participation in any Hands On Dog Training class. I agree to bring my dog clean and free of fleas and parasites before the first day of class along with proof that my dog has received a minimum of two out of four vaccinations. These vaccinations are to remain current throughout the duration of classes.
3. In consideration of my dog being permitted to participate in dog training classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which might incur as a result of my dog participating in Hands On Dog Training classes.
4. In further consideration of my dog being permitted to participate in Hands-On Dog Training classes, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Hands On Dog Training (including its employees, owners, and agents) for injury or damages which I or my dog may sustain as a result of participating in these dog training classes. I hereby waive and release Hands On Dog Training and Pet Food Express (including its employees, owners and agents) from any and all liability of any nature or damage which I or my dog may suffer, including specifically, but not without limitation, any injury or damage resulting from action of any dog, and assume risk of any such damage or injury while attending any training session held by Hands On Dog Training.
5. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Hands On Dog Training (including its employees, owners and agents) for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts during the training of my dog or while on the training premises, Pet Food Express property or any surrounding area thereto.
6. I completely understand that Hands On Dog Training and Pet Food Express is not legally covered by any insurance company, at present which would ensure them for the exercising, training or caring for a dog without the owner being present. I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which my dog might incur to itself or towards any other animal, person or property while in the presence of Hands On Dog Training classes.
7. Hands-On Dog Training reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. You can make your payment to Hands On Dog Training by check (or pay in cash) by the first day of class. Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult. Junior handlers must be at least 10 years old.
8. The class payment is non-refundable and upon a returned check from the bank for any reason, I agree to pay a $25.00 returned check fee.
9. Any photographs taken of you and or your dog while in class is the property of Hands on Dog Training and can website on their website, advertising or marketing publications.