I’ve always had a love and passion for dogs. I’ve owned several dogs most of my adult life, but it wasn’t until I got my first Australian Shepherd, Amber, did I experience the passion of training dogs. I’ve been hooked every since.
I began my training as an assistant dog trainer where I assisted the trainers, gaining experience handling various breeds of dogs and learning about class structure. I took every opportunity to watch other trainers, attend training seminars and learn as much as I could about training dogs.
Soon after, I began running my own training classes. I developed class curriculums which helped clients train their dogs using positive reinforcement. Using positive reinforcement methods produces fast reliable results and is highly motivating to you and your dog. It produces happier dogs that want to work and please their owners.
Today, I continue to enrich my knowledge of dogs by focusing on their behavior and how they think. Each training curriculum is uniquely customized for each dog’s unique needs.
Some of my memberships, training experience, and accomplishments include:
- Certification for Professional Dog Trainers – CPDT-KA
- Animal Behavior College (ABC) certified dog trainer
- Certified American kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Certified in Pet CPR and First Aid
- Trish King Academy of Dog Behavior-Level 1& 2
- Professional member APDT, Association of Professional Trainers
- Professional member APDT, Association Pet Dog TrainersMember IAABC, International Association of Animal Canine Professionals
- Member IAABC, International Association of Animal Canine ProfessionalsMember dog*tec – Bussiness code of Ethics Pledge
- Member dog*tec – Bussiness code of Ethics Pledge Member of Pet Professional Guild
- Member of Pet Professional Guild
- Train On the Cutting Edge with Pamelia Reid, PhDAlpha Bitch Conference, Marin Humane Society, Novato, CA
- Alpha Bitch Conference, Marin Humane Society, Novato, CAAPDT Conference attendance
- APDT Conference attendance
- Sue Sternberg – Dog to Dog aggression
- Dr. Ian Dunber – Adolescent Dog Workshop
- Dr. Ian Dunbar’s Social Behavior & Treatment of Fearfulness, Reactivity, & Aggression
- Suzanne Clothier
- Humane Society Silicon Valley
- Our Pack Pitt Bull Rescue